Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pimp Your iGoogle: Artist Themes


iGoogle is the most impressive home page you can get on your web browser. Not only is it a well organized space for your news and blog feeds, weather and traffic reports, embedded maps and other useful (or just for fun) applications - but you can also pick a theme to make it more personalized and aesthetically appealing!

Naturally, I'm drawn to the fashion-related themes. Since I signed up for my iGoogle page, I've been using the Diane Von Furstenberg theme. She's my favourite dress designer - how could I resist adorning my home page with her wild, brightly-coloured patterns!



The DVF theme has been on iGoogle since the original Artist Themes launch, which featured fashion designers Tory Burch, Oscar de la Renta, and Dolce & Gabbana (of course their theme flaunts a sexy leopard print!), as well as artists Jeff Koons (who also designed the graphic for the original homepage promotion, at top) , Michael Graves and Philippe Starck.



Since then, a collection of themes was launched to commemorate September 2008's New York Fashion Week. This special edition includes Betsey Johnson (sweet Pop Art-like cherries), Gucci, Kate Spade, Burberry and Vivienne Tam. Now you can also find Stella McCartney and BCBGMaxAzria.

No comments: